Did you know there is a good chance you are suffering from "undertraining syndrome" and it's preventing you from achieving your ultimate body?
While undertraining is not a real and dangerous condition, it can deflate your motivation and self-esteem. My years of experience has convinced me it's negatively affecting people much more frequently than "overtraining" ever has.
Undertraining occurs mostly when people lack the following:
* Consistency - do you miss workouts?
* Intensity - how close do you work to your 1RM ?
* Density - are you doing more work each month?
* Frequency - have you been using the same split for years?
* Progression - how much different do you look than last year?
Every day Vince Del Monte is asked to analyze people’s programs, and he was shocked to learn that many of them have been doing the same exact reps, sets and weights for months without changing. There is no change in their body either. Shocking... (sarcasm)
So to solve this "undertraining syndrome" problem Vince put together an article on how to conquer complacency, avoid undertraining syndrome and destroy plateaus by focusing on sarcoplasmic and myofibril gains, simultaneously.
If you suspect you're undertraining, you're going to love this: